One of my favorite dishes to order at a Chinese restaurant is Beef and Broccoli! I adjusted the flavors and created this recipe to work in an Instant Pot. I hope you enjoy it!
Gather Up all of your ingredients and prepare for your kitchen to smell delicious! 🙂
If you have more than one Instant Pot, start the Instant Pot White Rice in one pot following my recipe for Instant Pot white rice. Otherwise, get it started on the stove, or cook it first in the Instant Pot. Slice the beef into strips and set aside.
Mix the beef broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, salt/pepper and pinch of ginger. Pour over the beef and set aside.
Slice the onion into strips. Turn the Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. Add 3 tbsp of oil and allow it to heat up. Add the sliced onions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
Add the beef and sauce mixture to the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes and then do a quick release of the pressure. While the beef is cooking, steam your broccoli using a separate Instant Pot and Steamer Basket, or on the stove.
When the beef is finished cooking, add the steamed broccoli. Mix 2 TBSP of corn starch with 1/4 Cup of cold water. Then add to the beef and broccoli mixture. Allow the mixture to thicken for 5-10 minutes. Serve over some Instant Pot White Rice. 🙂
–Steamer Basket (Remove the handles and it fits perfectly in a 6 quart Instant Pot.)
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
A “better than take-out version of this favorite dish!”.
-2lbs of beef (flank steak or beef roast) cut into strips
-1lb broccoli steamed
-1 onion sliced
-3 cloves of garlic minced
-1 Cup beef broth
-1/4 Cup soy sauce
-1/4 Cup teriyaki sauce
-3 TBSP Brown Sugar
-Pinch of ginger
-2-3 TBSP Sesame oil or Peanut oil
-2 TBSP Corn Starch mixed with ¼ Cup cold water
-Serve over white or brown rice.
- If you have more than one Instant Pot, start the Instant Pot White Rice in one pot following my recipe for Instant Pot white rice. Otherwise, get it started on the stove, or cook it first in the Instant Pot. Slice the beef into strips.
- Slice the onion and mince the garlic. Make sure your broccoli is washed.
- Mix the beef broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, salt/pepper and pinch of ginger. Pour over the beef and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and let the sesame or peanut oil heat up. Add the onions and sauté 4-5 minutes. Turn off the Sauté mode and add the meat and sauce mixture.
- Close the lid and cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. While it is cooking, mix the corn starch and cold water.
- Quickly release the pressure and add the steamed broccoli. Then add the corn starch and water mixture. Allow the sauce to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over Instant Pot White Rice.
My name is Ashton, I am a full time self employed single mom. I am a mom of two amazing boys and enjoy spending all of time with them. I love cooking, baking and creating fun activities for my sons to experiment with. This blog will be full of food, recipes and all of our adventures. Enjoy!