One of my favorite things to eat- Mexican food. Specifically Green Chili and tortillas. I have played around with this recipe for a few years and this is the one I love the most. It can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. But I prefer the Instant Pot, simply because it only takes 30 minutes. This recipe isn’t too spicy since I have two little mouths to feed, but still has a nice kick to it. My 7 year old calls it “Spicy Soup” haha!\
Start out by grabbing the Ingredients and seasonings needed.
Note: You can substitute one can of Rotel for the tomatoes and 1 of the cans of green chiles, that’s what I had on hand.
Turn the Instant Pot to “Saute” and add 2 Tbsp of oil. Allow it to heat up and then Saute the Pork with the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the flour and butter, and stir.
Cook on HIGH pressure for 30 minutes. When the timer is up, quickly release the pressure and turn the pressure cooker back to “Saute”
Make and slurry using the melted butter and flour. Add the mixture to the green chili and allow it to simmer and thicken for 5-10 minutes.
Homemade Colorado Green Chili
-2 lbs Pork diced
-5 Cups Chicken Broth
-1 yellow onion diced
-5 cloves garlic minced
-1 can diced tomoatoes drained (optional)
-2 cans diced green chiles
-1/4 tsp diced jalapenos (or more if you like it spicy)
-1 Tsp Salt
-1 Tsp Pepper
-1 Tsp Cumin
-1 Tsp Chili Powder
-1 Tsp Oregano
-1 Tsp Paprika
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-pinch of red pepper flakes
-2 Tbsp Oil
-2 Tbsp Butter
-2 Tbsp Flour
- Turn Instant Pot to “Sauté” mode. Add 2 Tbsp oil to the pot and allow it to heat up.
- Sauté pork with onion and garlic until cooked through. Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on HIGH pressure for 30 minutes. When it’s finished, quick release the pressure and turn it back to “Sauté” mode.
- Melt the butter and make a slurry with butter and flour and add to the green chili, this will help it thicken. Let the green chili simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over burritos or with tortillas. Yum! 😊 Enjoy with Instant Pot Refried Beans and Instant Pot Mexican Rice