This has been my favorite dish for SO long! I just HAD to adapt the recipe for the Instant Pot. Simple, delicious and kid-friendly! 🙂
If you’re new to the Instant Pot, start here:
You can serve this dish over pasta like I did, or over rice or mashed potatoes. It would also be delicious by itself! 🙂
If you have two Instant Pots, you can prepare the pasta at the same time by following these directions: How to Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot
Grab your ingredients, and let’s get started! 🙂
This jar of bouillon mix was on close out sale at our local Kroger so I decided to try it, it added so much flavor to the dish! I used it for the pasta as well and it was delicious!
Start out by Turning the Instant Pot to Sauté and allow it to heat up. Add 2 TBSP of oil or butter then add the garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper then add then add them to the Instant Pot and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the Instant Pot.
Close the lid, turn the venting knob to sealing and Cook on HIGH pressure for 3 minutes. Quickly release the pressure when it’s finished cooking.
Remove the chicken and slice. Mix the cornstarch and water then add it to the pot. Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to thicken for 5 minutes.
Serve over Pasta, rice or mashed potatoes. YUM!!! 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Picatta
-1 lb thin sliced chicken breasts
-1/3 Cup lemon juice
-1 Tbsp lemon zest
-1/2 Cup chicken broth
-1/2 Cup heavy cream
-1/4 Cup capers
-3-4 cloves garlic minced
-1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
-1/2 tsp Sea salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-2 TBSP olive oil or butter
-1 TBSP Corn starch mixed with 2 TBSP Cold water
-1 Cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
-shredded parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté and allow it to heat up. Add 2 TBSP of oil. Add the garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper then add them to the Instant Pot and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, zest and capers.
- Close the lid, turn the venting knob to sealing and Cook on HIGH pressure for 3 minutes. Quickly release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and slice, Turn the Instant pot back to Sauté, add the cornstarch/water, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese and stir. Allow the sauce to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta or rice.
- To learn how to make pasta in the Instant Pot read this: How to Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot
Feel free to share!
New to the Instant Pot? Start here: Instant Pot 101: Tips, Tricks and Must-Have Accessories.
For more Instant Pot recipes, click here: Instant Pot Recipes