Oh my gosh! This is one of my favorite meals to make in the Instant Pot. It’s super simple and protein packed, and you can easily double or triple the recipe for lots of leftovers or food prep for the week!
My kiddos beg for this meal which makes me a happy mama!
If you’re new to the Instant Pot, start here:
Grab 1-2 lbs of chicken breasts, 1 onion (diced), 4 cloves of garlic minced, 1 can of tomatoes, 1 can of diced green chiles (you can substitute Rotel) 1 can of Black beans, and 1 can of corn if you’d like.
These are the seasonings you will need:
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir.
Close the lid, turn the venting knob to sealing and cook on HIGH pressure for 25 minutes.
When the timer is up, allow the pressure to release naturally. This can take anywhere from 20-45 minutes, you will know that all of the pressure has released when the silver pin drops. Only then will you be able to open the lid.
Open the lid carefully and shred the chicken.
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
An Instant Pot recipe for simple, protein packed burrito bowls.
-2 lbs chicken breasts
-1 onion diced
-4 cloves garlic minced
-1 Can of diced tomatoes
-1 can diced green chiles
-1 can black beans drained and rinsed
-1 can corn drained (optional)
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1 tsp Cumin
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp oregano
-1/2 tsp paprika
-pinch of cilantro leaves (optional)
-pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot and mix well.
- Close the lid, turn the venting knob to sealing and cook on HIGH pressure for 25 minutes.
- When the timer is up, allow the pressure to release naturally. This can take anywhere from 20-45 minutes, you will know that all of the pressure has released when the silver pin drops. Only then will you be able to open the lid.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken.
- Top with your favorite toppings and Serve over Mexican Rice or in a homemade tortilla.
New to the Instant Pot? Start here: Instant Pot 101: Tips, Tricks and Must-Have Accessories.
For more Instant Pot recipes, click here: Instant Pot Recipes
My favorite Instant Pot products!